Come see Texas Bamboo Society at the Austin Home and Garden Show, August 24-26 at the Austin Convention Center
59th Annual Zilker Garden Festival
April 2&3, 2016
- January 15-17, 2016 – Texas Bamboo Society will have a booth at the Austin Home and Garden Show – Austin Convention Center
- February 20, 2016 – Bamboo Grove Grooming – Taniguchi Japanese Garden, Austin, TX
- February 26-28, 2016 – Moso Grove Grooming at Avery Island, LA – here is a video clip
- April 2-3, 2016 – Zilker Garden Festival
- August 13-14, 2016 – 23rd Texas Bamboo Festival, Zilker Botanical Garden, Austin, Texas
- Saturday, February 20, 2016 The Texas Bamboo Society meets at the Taniguchi Japanese Garden at Zilker Botanical Garden, Austin, Texas from 9:30 am – 12 noon. We will be doing some general grooming in the bamboo groves, so bring a saw, hand clippers, a lopper and a beverage to drink. You may also be able to take home some bamboo poles – so if you want to do that bring some cord or bungies.
Members and non-members are welcome. membership info
Saturday and Sunday, September 19-20, 2015
Plants & Crafts for Sale * Talk to Experts & Local Growers * Silent Auction
Zilker Botanical Garden
2220 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas
Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 11am-5pm
- BambooYourPrivacy – Bamboo Plants
- RM-Collectibles.com – Hand-Made Bamboo Crafts from Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Bamboo Branch – Bamboo Beads & hand crafted bamboo jewelry, plus bamboo poles, parts & pieces
- Margie Krebs-Jesperson – Ponds, Plants, Patios, …Place – Bamboo Baskets
- Lynn Treadwell – Hand made wooden jewelry boxes and lighted walking sticks
- Michael Shaefer – Garden Structures, Counter Weighted Bow Drills
Admission to the 22nd Texas Bamboo Festival is Free
Zilker Botanical Garden Admission, (cash or check):
$1 for children (ages 3-12), $2 for adults, Austin resident (ages 13-61),
$3 for adults, non-resident (ages 13-61), $1 for seniors (age 62 & over)
Come see The Texas Bamboo Society at the Austin Home and Garden Show, Austin Convention Center – August 28 – 30, 2015
Tentative schedule for 2015 ABS Conference, Xalapa, Veracruz, México:
Plants Available at 6628 Ruxton Lane, Austin, TX 78749
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Questions? Ask at email@example.com
There are only one or two of some of the plants. Bring your own digging tools.
Several slammers will be available to use.
While the rest of the country shivered under feet of snow and ice, lucky members of the American Bamboo Society enjoyed a weekend of sunshine and mild temperatures in the beautiful moso and bambusoides groves of Avery Island. TBS was particularly well represented with 10 members, including three first-timers to the Avery Island event. Continue reading
2015 will mark the seventeenth year that LGCC (Louisiana Gulf Coast Chapter of the American Bamboo Society) and American Bamboo Society members have come to Avery Island to help clear and clean E. A. McIlhenny’s plantings of timber bamboo.
As in years past, the weekend is limited to LGCC members and to Avery Island Family members and their guests. While there is no registration fee for the weekend, we do ask that you pre-register for any meals you plan to eat and include payment for these by check enclosed with your registration form. Continue reading